A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Friday, January 15, 2010

Why are we here?

I have a habit of listening to christian radio while I'm in the car driving. The little nuggets of truth I recieve just tooling to the kids school and back are priceless.

This morning in particular we were listening to a broadcast and the pastor was teaching about glorifying God with our life.

My oldest son, sitting up front, asks, "is that why were here? to glorify God?"

.....Wow....

I've always kind of worried about how I would answer that question should it present itself. And that question bears, I think what every human being on the planet wonders. Why am I here? What does it all mean, etc....

So I say yes. God created all humans. But He created us with a choice to love Him back. He didn't make robots because He wanted a true relationship with His kids. So were born and we all make our own choice to love and except Him as our creator and savior or not. The ones that do, our main purpose in life is to glorify God, therefore showing those that didnt choose Him how wonderful He is, that He is Love, and the easiest way to do that is to be loving to others and be a light to the world.

Sadly though I think those that don't truely ponder this question and probably walk around feeling something is missing or that life doesn't have meaning, at least the way God created it too.

Long story short, because I could seriously go on and on about this, is that I am so grateful for those little seeds planted daily in the heart's of my children. I hope they blossom into something great for the Lord. That they have a heart for the lost and show the world how great is our God!

Blessings,

Heather

3 comments:

Simple Home said...

It's so good that your son asked this. He's making his relationship with God his own, not his through you and your husband. That's what we want.
Blessings,
Marcia

bj said...

Just coming by from AtoZ Mantel party....
Have a wonderful weekend...

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

Hi Heather, I saw that you were linked up to my mantel party but I don't see a mantel :). If you could relink using the permanent link of the particular post you wanted to see that would be great! Thanks for joining the party :).

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers