A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back to School












Well yesterday was the first day of school! As I've said before, it was bittersweet. It's always hard to feel like I"m sending my babies into the big, bad world when they've been home safe with me all summer. But it was, as usual, harder for me than it was for them. The older kids were fine. And I knew they would be. I walked Jonathan, Nathan and Hannah to the playground, and of course Jonathan spotted his line and was off. I helped Nathan and Hannah to their lines and walked with Hannah and her line to her class. I was able to get a couple pics of her at her desk (she's still not old enough to be humiliated by that yet!) I had to sneak a couple pics of the boys though.

So a couple hours later it was time to take David to kinder. I had butterflies in my stomach to the whole time. While he was fine. We got to the school, met his teacher, she walked us to the classroom and we parents stayed for attendance and watched as she showed them around the class. Where the bathrooms are and what to do, where to hang backpacks and put lunches or snacks, etc....

While they all walked to the office to bring the attendance folder is when us parents made our exit. I waved to David and he smiled and waved. And there I was, walking out with Jeremiah and one less child. It was hard for me. I think it's harder as I get older. You'd think with this being my 4th starting school that it would be a breeze. Not so! It's worse. I think I"m more senstive as I get older. But he had a great day and all the kids were excited to fill me in on their first day! I prayed as I left that Jesus would be in the midst, and of course He was. They all had a great first day and I"m so grateful!

Hope you enjoy the pics! Have a great tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers