A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Sunday, August 2, 2009

"Oh...."

Hey everyone! I hope you've all had a great weekend. It's been wonderful here. We went to church on Saturday night and it was awesome! Worship was great and the message was well..."oh"....

That probably doesn't make much sense if you didn't make it this weekend or if you don't attend our church but that's pretty much what you left the service thinking. It was on Romans 11:33-36 and that's basically Paul's reaction to what he's taught so far. About where we've been and where we are now and who God is.

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable His judgements, and His paths beyond tracing out! "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been His counselor? Who as ever given to God, that Dos should repay him?" For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever! Amen."
Rom 11:33-36

We we taught in church this weekend that the "oh" is exclamatory. Meaning that Paul didn't intend on going here when we was writing. But he was basically so overcome with what he's learned of who God is thus far in Romans that he basically looked back and thought "oh!"

Just thinking of creation. I mean space, the sun, the stars, how vast, how innumerable the stars are and the how vast the galaxies, that we cannot even begin to grasp with human understanding and He spans them with His hand. It does change the way I look at God. It humbles me, and changes the way I pray. God doesn't need my advice or counsel in prayer. He doesn't even need my prayer or worship. But He wants it, He loves it, and He waits for it. So my outlook on prayer and worship is so changed by that word "oh". I'm so humbled that God would bend His ear toward me, and He would rejoice over me and that He would humble Himself to come to this little blue dot of a planet to save me!

On another note...we took a little family outing today to Oak Glen. A little town outside of Yucaipa. I've never been and never knew it existed. But I"m sure glad I know now. It's a quaint little town full of ranches and orchards. Apple stands and bakeries line the streets. It's a place for wholesome family fun and well worth it today! The kids pick some blackberries and ate them as we walked. We intended to pick apples but they weren't quite ready picking yet so were planning on going back in a few weeks to do that. Anyways, as usual I documented our little adventure with many pictures, if you'd like to see them click here.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Blessings,

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers