A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Homemade laundry soap

Hey all! I've been a busy, busy bee today! Gotten a lot done and that's always awesome for me! I was able to get the floors vacuumed and mopped, dusted, watered outside and even made our own laundry detergent! Yep the kids and I just finished and it was so fun to do. I got the recipe from my friend Tara (thank you friend!)and got what I needed today at the store! Here's the reciped for those of you who want to try:

Homemade Liquid Laundry Soap-Front or top load machine-best value:

4 cups- hot tap water
1 fels-naptha soap bar
1 cup- arm & hammer super washing soda *
1/2 cup Borax

-Grate bar of soap and add to saucepan with water. Stir continually over medium-low heat until soap dissolves and is melted.

-Fill a 5 gallon bucket half full of hot tap water. Add melted soap, washing soda and borax. Stir well until all powder if dissolved. Fill a bucket to top with more hot water. Stir, cover and let sit overnight to thicken.

-Stir and fill a used, clean, laundry soap dispenser half full with soap and then fill the rest of the way with tap water. Shake before each use. (will gel)

-Optional: You can add 10-15 drops of essential oil per 2 gallons. Add once soap has cooled. Ideas: lavender, rosemary, tea tree oil.

-Yield: Liquid soap recipe makes 10 gallons.

-Top Load Machine- 5/8 cup per load (approx. 180 loads)

-Front load Machine-1/4 cup per load (approx. 640 loads)

*Make sure you buy Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda NOT detergent. It must be sodium carbonate!

Ours is now sitting overnight to thicken. I'm going to add some oils to it make it smell oh so pretty! And then we'll try it out! It was a fun experience for us. Weve never made our own detergent before so its always a good learning adventure for all of us!
Anyways, let me know if you try it!
Love and Blessings,
Heather























No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers