A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kings of Kings


I was reading this morning about Jesus' name "The King of Kings" and what that means to us. That the most powerful ruler and king was also the most humble and seen by many people as weak. In fact He overcame the world by defeating sin. Not by being forceful but by humbling Himself enough to become weak and allowing His body to be broken and His Spirit to be separated from God. But in doing that, without words, He had shown Himself as the King of Kings only after allowing Himself to be forced to the cross.


It makes me think of my own life as a mother to these kids that the Lord has given me. That I seem to lead by force and anger so much of the time, instead of following the lead of my Jesus who never forced anyone, ever to follow Him. Instead He leads by example and love, therefore, making us want to follow Him and emulate Him. He has a silent authority because His presence alone is enough and draws me to Him. I need to follow His example. I need to draw from Him daily and allow the Spirit to have His room in my heart so I can begin to emulate Him in my actions and thoughts. If I'm walking with Jesus, spending time in His presence and reflecting on His words I will begin to reflect Him because He's just that powerful! Then I will become the mother He created me to be therefore producing children with a desire to emulate Jesus as well.


It all seems so simple, but it's the hardest thing in the world to do when I'm not allowing my heart time with the Spirit. My heart becomes hard and so does my attitude. I cant do it left to my own devices, only with "the Helpers" presence and the words of Jesus will I have the strength and even desire to even begin.


Pastor Kurt taught us this concept from Romans 8 which was amazing. Another point to my spending time with Jesus is that He is so caring to give what I need when I need. Even when I don't know what that is! Reading this chapter in my book reiterated exactly what was taught on Sunday, how awesome and caring He is to show me what available to my heart if I just give Him time! He wants to give me what I need. Reminding me of something Pastor Kurt said on Sunday, that in the upper room during the last supper, the night before His brutal death, His concern was that His children are cared for and have a helper. That's the heart of our King!


I hope you enjoy my babbling, and if He's willing that it speaks to you in some way. Love and Blessings! Have a great day everyone!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers