A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Is it hot enough?....

"It shall come to pass the before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking I will hear." Isa. 65:24

I have always loved this verse. It gives this personal layer to God. It was a daily verse I read this morning, so after my devotion I decided to read Isaiah 65 and 66. It was almost a declaration from the Lord about those of us who His children, called by His name and those who are not. It's so sad to those who are not, but so comforting and reassuring to us, His kids. It was very interesting to hear it from the Lord's mouth.

Anyway, I read that verse and I think how in tuned God's heart is to the needs and desires of His kids. If we are close and walking with God, spending time with Him and giving the Spirit room in our hearts then we are so connected with God that He will answer us before we call. Then why pray some would ask...Well I pray because it comforting to know I can vent, or cry or rejoice to the creator and I know He hears me and leans an inclining ear to me. But knowing that He also answers before I ask creates this new depth of Him as a Father. I know what my kids need before they ask many times, but I love that they come to me to talk.

So on to another note...is it hot enough for ya?

Man it's been brutal up here on the face of sun (aka Victorville). The weather channel said 106 but I think it was hotter! And they say today and tomorrow will be worse even....oh man are we in for it. I'm trying not complain too much because in February when it bitterly cold non stop I wish for summer, I guess its the extremes that get me. But I guess to find the positive, we couldn't enjoy the winter without the summer and likewise right? I seriously will walk outside in the hottest part of the day and sit out there a few minutes just so that when I walk back in the house I appreciate the AC again! I mean isn't that how it is? If I stayed indoors all day I would probably complain about the 79 degrees that it is in my house! I could go on a spiritual level with that to, but I'm sure you catch my drift by now so I'll spare you that! LOL!

Anyway, Chris interviewed yesterday at a place in Fontana. He said he thought it went well. He was the first to interview. They are calling some people in next week and then they'll make their decision. I'm praying Chris will get the call, but I"m also praying that I'll have the faith and attitude I should if he doesn't. It would be so great though. It's 4-10's. So he would work Sunday through Wednesday and have Thursday, Friday, Saturday off. That way I would be able to do SMILES (a women's bible study at church) again and we would be to do more family outings and stuff with 3 consecutive days off and he could be more involved with the kids school assemblies and stuff. Right now he's off Sunday and Thursday so it makes it really hard to do anything other than just day outings. But we'll see what the Lord has in store. Pray for open doors and faith on our part. We are very grateful for the job he has and that he is employed but the fact that there's no benefits makes it very temporary for us. Anyhow, we covet your prayers and wish you all great weekend!

2 comments:

Shanna said...

I just wanted to chime in to tell you that this pregnant mama is sweatin' with you! It's not 106 here, but we have awful humidity.

Terri said...

Holy cow!!! You only have 79 days left!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers