A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Redundancy? No...God's just that faithful!

Can I say again how good God is?...Is it redundant that every time He speaks to me I am amazed and humbled at His patience with me?...I guess it's like we learned on Sunday, that many times it's our perspective, we see it from a child's and not from a Father's. No matter what my kids do, or how much they annoy or irritate me, I would never stop speaking to them or guiding them. But I guess I see myself and a pest to my Father with my constant stumbling that when He faithfully speaks to me, yes I'm amazed. As if God would give the cold shoulder to His daughter! No He is faithful, that's just what He is.

I don't know if you all do this, but when I pray it always comes back to the same praise for me. Faithful! It's, I guess my "pet name" for my Father. Everything He does and and in every way He speaks or shows Himself to me is Faithful.

Yesterday I had the opportunity to sit outside, alone and just spend time with God (a rarity with 5 kids :-) but I digress... Nothing speaks to me of Him like nature does, and specifically the wind. And I was talking to Him and asking specifically for His spirit to fill me again, to fill my heart so that it overflows, that my husband and children would be able to "drink" from it and be changed. Not for me you but that I could do what should come naturally to me and that's to reflect the overwhelming joy that the Lord is. And this morning I took some time aside to read a devotion and this is the verse the devotion was about:

"Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and grant me a willing spirit to sustain me."
Psalm 51:12

The devotion was about running on empty spiritually. Not taking the time to receive the spiritual fuel (the Word and prayer time) we need to get through that day and then wondering why it just seems so hard. God spoke directly to my heart. This was His way of telling me He heard my cries to Him and He understands. He's heard it before....1000's of years ago a king cried out to the Lord in the same way with same prayer. To fill Him again with His spirit. And I thought, King David struggled with this too?... And in this simple way God spoke to me.

When I was praying yesterday I told God that I knew He couldn't speak to me the way He wanted to if I wasn't reading His word. Don't get me wrong God can speak to us through anything, and He has and does, but there was something He wanted me to know and I received it my taking the time with Him in His word.

Faithful.

I am humbled still that He does that! I pray to be deserving of it and never take it for granted.

On another note, the home front. Things are good here. Just trying to get the kids back on a normal bedtime schedule. Things can get very lenient around here during the summer time, but I"m trying to regain my control again. School starts in less than a month so for the past 2 nights we've been getting them to bed by 9:00 in their bed, no more crashing on couches like a frat house! LOL! And its been going really well. They sleep better and it give Chris and I time together and the end of the day, which we so desperately need. It's so nice to be able to sit and talk or watch tv without the interruption of the kids. We love them so, but we are still husband and wife, not just mom and dad. And how easily those lines get blurred through the years. So I am thankful for that lately.

Let's see what else....Jonathan and Hannah have dentist appointment tomorrow morning to have their cavities filled. Chris is going to take them in the morning and they are very nervous, so prayer for them would be wonderful.

Anyhow, there's not much more going on, just the day to day right now. Getting ready for back to school within a month, David starting kinder....bittersweet. I have to get all their school supplies pretty soon and the list for kinder is so cute. David is very excited and I am for him but it's also sad. It's another level for him now, and he wont be at home with me so I think its more of an adjustment for Mommy you know? But I love their school and I'm excited for what he's going learn and the wonderful doors that open for him by learning to read. He wont be the same kid after kinder, he'll seem so much more grown up. That's why it's bittersweet I guess. But I cant hold him back. (sniff, sniff....) LOL! I'm alright, its just mommy emotions....

Well I wish for you all a wonderful Wednesday, that we would see God in everything and enjoy this day that He has made!

Blessings,

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers