A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Monday, July 20, 2009

What God told me...

As usual I left church in tears...I don't know if it's pregnancy hormones but I prefer to think its that my heart is very tender to the Lord lately, thankfully those morning devotions and prayers are doing the trick. But church was wonderful. Romans. I don't know if Romans does this to everyone, but every week I leave saying, that was awesome I really felt the Lord speaking to me, but this past week was almost specific. It was really as if God knew I needed to hear those words specifically, (well He did know I needed to hear those words). But it really spoke me and my weakness of worry. I tend to worry and stress. That's what I do. But in this week's study we learned a lot about the multi-dimensionality of God's love. That He exists outside the laws of time and therefore sees how it all ends. Its truly a test of faith to not worry. It's hard but God knew I needed to hear again how He knows how it all ends. That my worrying doesn't change the outcome, it only makes the journey more difficult. And as soon as I surrender it truly to Him, then I am putting that faith into action. The verse we ended with was this:

"...so that Chris may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide, and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge"-
Eph. 3:17-19

That's the multi-dimensionality of God's love. That His love is so wide He chose me before the foundations of the earth, its so long that it takes me from birth to eternity, so high that He's placed me next to Christ as a co-heir to the kingdom of heaven, and do deep that it took me from the rock-bottom depth of my sin, from Satans grasps to His arms....that's big love! And I worry about my current problem. His love is that big and I question if He handle this one?....I so needed to hear that and I'm so glad God knows that and gives it to me. And I so grateful to the Holy Spirit for softening my heart in order that I would hear God....

On to that one...

After the message, during the last song, God spoke to me about what I've been worrying about. And what was left with was this....that what I am worrying about isn't even important. That my worry is taking away from what's truly a gift, the small things. Instead of boating build a sandcastle or play in the sprinklers, sit outside with the kids and squirt them with the hose, instead of the movie theatre watch something on tv as a family, play games or just hang out together. Don't focus on what you cant do, but you can and your missing....I really was that specific.

So this morning I read my devotion and God reiterates to my heart to not be distracted by worry and fear but to enjoy the small things and in those moments is when I"ll see God. My devotional verse this morning....

"whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "this is the way; walk in it". Isa 30:21

God was speaking to the people who seek Him. Again reiterating to me that when I give Him time daily I will hear Him. He will be my guide and whether I make a wrong turn or not He will be there to guide me again in the right direction. His voice is still and quiet and so easy to miss when Satan in screaming at us. Which is what he does. He yells and screams and takes over my emotions like a swat team storming a building. And sometimes I'm left standing there like, why did I just say that or think that or react like that. But not our God. He stands and knocks and waits to be invited. He doesn't barge in or scream in our ear, He never leaves or turns His back. Just because He's quiet doesn't mean He's not there or ignoring me. He's just being the gentleman that He is. He's waiting for me to invite Him in and when I do, I'm never disappointed. I'm usually left with one question....why didn't I do this sooner?


On to other stuff around here...

I'm now about 29 weeks, Joseph is growing and time is flying...here's a pic of me yesterday...



Also, we ordered his crib and it came in Saturday so Chris picked it up yesterday and we put it together. His nursery is really coming along, here's some pics of it minus his dresser. I'm also painting some shelves and decor for his room , so it's not completely done yet but it's sure getting there...






Sorry about the glare in some of the pics, but get the drift. I'll take some better pics at a different time of day soon.
Love and Blessings!

1 comment:

Terri said...

You and the room are adorable!!! Miss you girl!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers