A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Oh so many blessings

I'm up to late but it's quiet and I figured with how busy its been I better try to get on here and share the excitement!



I am oh so blessed people!



The Lord is so good and it still amazes me every time!



I have a brand new niece! Yes I am a super proud Auntie! (pardon the ridiculous amount of exclamation points, but I'm just that excited and happy.)

It's been a long road for my sister, multiple bouts of preterm labor, getting the flu and having a possible infection all resulting in her water breaking in the wee hours of the night. 3:00 in the morning to be exact. She called me upset, of course, because she's only 35 weeks along and scared. I reassure her as much as I can, and as usual tell her I'm going to pray and start a prayer chain. Now here's the part of how good our God is, how He makes even a scary situation point to Him. At the end of our call, she tells me that she prayed, and she really doesn't do that. And she goes on to tell me that she asked God to show her what the answer was to all the turbulence she'd been having because she's tired. Well she falls asleep and wakes up and her water breaks! There's her answer. What is so awesome is that she tells me this and makes the connection that it was an answered prayer. The Lord goes on to bless her with a pain free and safe labor, an easy delivery and an unbelievably healthy and beautiful baby girl. Who although being 5 weeks early is 5lbs 10oz and amazingly strong!
"sweet baby Kate"


I prayed for hours that she'd see God through this. That she'd feel His presence and His peace and she did and He is awesome!!! And when He blesses boy does He bless! And judging from the picture above, His handiwork isn't too shabby either!



This was also a lesson to me, that the power of prayer is spectacular. And it can speak to people in ways that I never could. Anyways, I just wanted to share her with you. I'm super excited to get to see her for the first time on Saturday. Yay!



On to other stuff. We took the kids to the dentist today. It actually went really well. All got cleaning and x-rays, 2 have a cavity (what can I say? they have their mom's teeth, lucky them). But they go back in 2 weeks to have those filled. Such is life, right?



I also have been experimenting with a photo program my hubby got for me. He's so sweet. He know I've been wanting to do some creative stuff with my pics and now I can. I'm sooooo new to this but I've done a couple basic ones just to get the hang of it. ...




Anyway, I've got to get to bed, it's midnight and I have to right to be up so late again! Have a great holiday if I don't blog before then again!
Love to all!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

What program did you get? Looks good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers