A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Turbulence

Nathan climbing our big tree kids playing pirates

david and his kitty
Well I had to start out with some randomness, a couple pics taken yesterday that I just thought were cute. Forgive my lack of depth this morning I am so tired. I wanted to come on here and blog about what I've been reading this week. I am praying to Jesus as the prince of peace and my book has many thoughts and verses that shed light of Him in such a comforting way. I'm loving this book, it just seems to reveal something new, a new layer of our Lord that is wonderful. But I"ll leave it at that for now. You all know how good He is and my heart for Him!
I will tell you about my night though....My sister went into preterm labor again. She was contracting every 10 minutes for 2 1/2 hours and went to labor and delivery, her contractions intensified and were every 5 minutes and eventually every 4 minutes. They gave one of her pills that she takes at home (nephedepene) to try to stop labor and a shot of Nubane for the pain. And within hours her contractions slowed down! I mean this girl is on complete bed rest and nephedepene every 4 hours (which is double the usual dose) and they just stop. Also all the contracting did nothing to her cervix, she didn't dilate at all! Leaving her grateful for another day, but also very frustrated. She's most likely going to home today again but confused and not sure what to do when she contracts again.
Anyone who know her situation know how mind boggling it is that she can barely walk to the bathroom to pee without cramping and she gets all these intense contractions and nothing! I think her biggest worry right now is when it happens next time when to go. And the fact that her hubby missed yet another day of work and his exhausted because after work he has to run show because shes on bed rest. So I understand her frustration and stress.
However, I have to add this point...when she first started having contractions last night she sent me a message and asked me to pray again because "it seemed to work last time". So even in this frustrating, stressful time, the Lord makes Himself visible. If anything it gave her that. The dependence on prayer and evidence of how powerful it is. She's know my faith, she knows the truth, but isn't ready to surrender to it yet. This however, can be such a powerful tool. God doesn't need my help but my example doesn't hurt right? But no one can shine the light on His power like He can in a turbulent situation. Prince of Peace....
Coincidence?.....
I think not!
Shalom friends,


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers