A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Recap

Hey everyone! It's been a few days, but busy ones. Let's see...my last post was Thursday. The day my niece was born. I think I blogged about that but here's a quick recap. She was born at 1:58 pm on thursday, July 2, 2009. Healthy and safe....at least up until yesterday. At some point in the last few days she more jaundiced than expected. My sis took her to their follow appt. yesterday afternoon and they took her for lab work because it looked as if the jaundice had spread. Well her labs came back higher than the doctor expected. Apparently this is pretty rare considering her numbers on Saturday when they discharged her where fairly good, the jump in the numbers for a couple days was significant. Obviously leaving a worried mom and dad behind and family with a million questions. Which wont be answered until sometime today when they recheck her numbers. I am faithful in the Lord through all this though, knowing the end result is in His hands, and I'd rather walk this road with Him rather than running from Him when the destination (or end result) will be the same. I pray that for my sis and brother-in-law too. That no matter where this takes them (I mean they could be home in a day or two or this could be a long process) but that no matter where this takes them that they would seek the only one that could give them what they need. Everyone of us is human and will stumble but He never stumbles and never disappoints. Anyhow, prayers for that situation even the unspoken parts of it (God knows it all anyway) would be greatly coveted right now.

Rewinding to the weekend though...


Saturday the 4th of July! Hope it was a happy and safe one for everyone by the way. Anyway the 4th was awesome. We left in the morning and took the kids to my husbands grandmas house for a visit while we went and registered for our baby shower and then visited our then 2 day old niece. After that we headed to my parents house and the kids had a blast. There was a bounce house with a water slide and food galore. When it got dark they had fake tattoos (which Melissa and I embellished with) and glow stick and a fireworks show for the kids on the driveway. It was blessing to spend the day with family and friends and hopefully an opportunity to be a servant and a light to them. It was a great day full of memories that I'll never forget!





Sunday was Andrew's 4th birthday party. "Christmas in July" was the theme and it was fun coming off of the whole 4th July thing to go to that and have it decorated for Christmas! It was a lot of fun and the kids had a good time playing together and playing some football out front too! They made a craft and Andrew opened his presents. It was a really cute birthday party and while Andrew was opening his presents he put a bow on David's head (who are best friends by the way) and said "your my present David", too cute! Anyway hope you enjoy the pics!





Needless to say it's been a busy few days, welcoming the the calmness of this morning, so far at least. I will keep you all posted as to the situation with my niece. Thank you for your devoted thoughts and prayers!


Love and blessings,


1 comment:

Melissa said...

I will definitely need to get your pics from the party...especially of the cakes. Yours are better than mine

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers