A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Friday, July 10, 2009

A Maze

Don't you ever feel like your in a maze instead of a journey?

I was praying this morning and asking God that I would seek Him in all things, and something came to me. I pictured myself in a maze. Walking, stumbling trying to find the exit while missing out on the surroundings and more importantly the Guide.

All of us at some point in time struggle or stress out or just want out of the whole "maze" period. But the mazes life offers us are for a reason. They're part of a greater journey. And the exit is still the exit but the whole journey through it is altered completely by how you travel it.

I have seen God's faithfulness personally and why I seem to forget about the next time I have a trial I don't know. But my prayer today that we would focus on Him in all things, the little and the big, the trivial and the life-changing because He knows what "maze" were in right now and He also can see the path through it. But for some reason we figure we have a better way out. So we take off on our own and end up going around in circles and stumbling and falling, brushing ourselves off and sometimes just laying there and thinking "forget it, it's too hard". In the meantime were missing out what surrounds us. The beauty of nature, the simplicity of the small things that are so easy to miss when your looking at the ground so you don't trip and fall. Bigger even, we've ignored the Guide who know this "maze" better than we ever could because He made it, along with every thing living and not on creation.

How easy it would be to take His hand and walk with Him. Talk with Him. And enjoy the scenery. How much smoother and more enjoyable life would be that way. The exit is still there and we'll find it eventually but how much nicer is this way?

Oh and imagine what we could learn? I might be helpful to stroll and chat with the Creator of the Universe more often eh?

Anyway, just something my heart with given and I felt if it helped me surely it could help some one else too.

Some other news...I had doctors appt. yesterday. Everything is good. But they have changed my due date from the 13th to the 5th of October. Which doesn't sound like much but those 9 days make a big difference. My third trimester starts on Tuesday! I cant believe its already 2/3's over. Amazing! I'm just praying now for a smooth labor and delivery process and getting super excited to meet this little guy. I've been working on his nursery and we've ordered the crib. Now we just need to get a dresser and he'll be set. I'll definitely post pics when it's all set up!

Praying for a wonderful friday for you all! (Joseph must feel same because he just gave me a wallup of kick LOL)!

I also wanted to leave this award Carla (I would Gather Children). An awesome sister in the Lord, with a beautiful blog and family. You are inspiring.



Love and Blessings,

1 comment:

Carla said...

Thank you so much Heather! Now if I could just get the link to it so that I can post it on my blog. (Not to blog saavy over here.) Also, thanks for the inspiration this morning with your blog post.
Carla

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers