A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Baking, new jobs and a 2 month birthday!

Hey everyone!

Well is tuesday and I meant to get on here yesterday but I was on a roll getting caught up on housework and stuff.  So I'm on here today to catch you all up on what's been going on around here the past couple days. 

Let's see, on Saturday the kids and I had fun baking.  We made our first batches of sugar cookies and I made a pecan pie.  It was my first time making one from scratch and it came out really yummy!  So that was a lot of fun and such a good way to get in the spirit of the season. 

(decorating the cookies!)

(our first batch)


(the finished product!)

(the first cookie of the season!)

(my first pecan pie...Mmmmmm.......)

Sunday, we went to church and after that we got the hooks up on the house to hang lights.  So hopefully in the next few days we'll be able to get the lights up.  I'm also planning on decorating the day after thanksgiving.  Yay!  I also made our own Thanksgiving dinner on sunday night.  Since were not having Thanksgiving here this year and I love cooking it so much I thought it would be fun to have our own little Thanksgiving feast.  It was so yummy and now we get to look forward to having it all again.  Hey it's only once year, why not right?  :-)

Yesterday, was a good day too.  The kids and I got a lot of yard work done and I caught up on the housework too.  Then we played catch outside for awhile.  And while we were playing I missed a call from Chris.  And when I called him back he had some great news.  He had gotten the call from Northrop Grumman saying he got the job!!!!  Such a huge praise!  God is so faithful!!! And never, ever fails His kids.  He would've been praise even if Chris didn't get the job but how wonderful that he did!

And today my Joseph is 2 months old!  So super bittersweet for me.  I am so in love with him and enjoying watching him grow and starting to interact with us, but time really goes by too fast and I sure wish it would slow down a bit.  I've had to put away so many clothes that he's grown out of already and I hate that.  But such is life with growing babies. 


(Happy 2 month birthday JoJo!  Mama loves you soooooooo much!)

Anyway, I've got to be off to make lunch for the kids.  Have a great Tuesday everyone!!!

Blessings,

Heather

1 comment:

Simple Home said...

Thanks for sharing all the photos. It looks like the kids were having lots of fun with the cookies, and little Joseph is so cute. Actually, all your kids are adorable. I'm cooking, and my older boys are bringing home a couple of friends from college who live to far away to go home, so we're going to have a houseful. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Heather!
Blessings,
Marcia

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers