A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Friday, November 20, 2009

God's Grace (right in my face, as always...)

Well  the first half of today was not the greatest.  Nothing specific happened.  Just my own weakness and lack of faith I guess.  You see everyone I think has their weak points.  Mine happens to be worry.  I tend to be a pretty cheerful and optimistic person.  But sometimes Satan finds that window of opportunity and really goes to town in me.  Mine is worry.  So everything is going great, a nice morning and I'm in a great mood, getting excited to hang the christmas lights this weekend and stuff.  But when I go to check my email I decide to check our bank statement, which I ususally dont do because hubby takes care of the finances (I used to but because of my worry he took that off my shoulders a while ago).  Thats when is started for me.  A downward spiral of worry and "what ifs".  I know its wrong and is shows a tremendous amount of lack of faith on my part but its like it takes  life of its own and I cant stop it.  I did pray about it but instead of waiting on the Lord I call Chris to vent and he was busy and not able to give me the reassurance he usually does.  So I hang up the phone feeling worse.   Does this happen to anyone else?  I should not have called him.  I cant expect him to give me the faith that only comes from the Lord.  I felt so bad afterwards too.  And to top it off he send me a text saying he was sorry he didnt reassure me and that the Lord was going to see us through like always and that were being refined.  The troubling part for me is one, that I shouldn't put unrealistic expectations on my husband that I should be bringing before the Lord and two, that I need to stop focusing on the miniscule "what ifs"  and enjoy the hope set before us.  Like the job offer that Chris recieved.  Were waiting on the the background check to come back.  I dont know why I allow myself to get so caught up the negative when the positive is jumping up and down right in front of my face.  The Lord always, always, always proves Himself faithful to me and I never seem to get the message.  Or I do but when the next attack from Satan comes I fail.  But I need to remember constantly not to give Satan the chance.  The next time I fell worry setting in I need to approach God's throne with boldness, knowing and believing that He is in control of everything and that His plans for me are plans to peace and a future.  How blessed we are to have His word to bring us comfort and any time!  So being that were days from Thanksgiving heres some of what I'm thankful for~

~Jesus.  His sacrifice gives me the promise of eternal life in Heaven.  Even on my worst of days I know I'm going to heaven.

~The Bible.  Gods word, living and true that I have access to at anytime.

~My family.

~My kids.

~My husband.

~Church

~My Health

~My kids, husbands, and family's health

~My home

~My husbands job

~Food on our table

~Clothes on our backs

~Transportation

~Laughter

~Nature, Gods masterpiece, the sky, stars, galaxies, the sun, rain, snow, trees flowers, animals, the ocean.....it goes on and on....

I have too much to be thankful for, there shouldnt be any time for me to focus on the negative when the positive is endless!

Love and Blessings,

Heather

2 comments:

Serena said...

Oh Heather, you may have been discouraged by worry, but you used it for good and definitely encouraged me! Thank you for being so transparent, it's a blessing to others.
Blessings,
Marcia

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart....you are ministering to others in an awesome way....Your trust in the Lord and devotion to Him is obvious. I am sure that He is well pleased with you and will bless you and your family. You are greatly loved Heather! Mom

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers