A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Monday, December 7, 2009

Vintage Christmas Monday

Good Morning Everyone!

Well my friend Marcia is doing this that she got from another blog, Anything Goes Here.  It's a really cute idea, so I thought I'd give it go!  It's called Vintage Christmas Monday and you post some pics with stories of Christmas's past.

Here I go...

These are a collection of ornaments I have that were my great grandmothers "gramma O".  I remember her tree so vividly from when I was little.  It was so bright and had tinsel and these kinds of ornaments all over it!  I'm so glad to still have these around they bring back such great Christmas memories for me!



Here's an ornament I must have gotten when I was little, it says "Heather '82'" on it.  I'm not too sure of the details but it's vintage none the less!


This one I remember being at my house growing up.  I want to say my mom made it, but one of my grandma's could have made as well.  It's handmade and so vintage looking, I loved it as a kid!  It says "Bongiorno's" on top, my maiden name.


This is a christmas tree ornament I made as a kid in school.  There's no date on it, but has to be 25 years old at least!


This my mom gave me.  Just looking at it tells me it's probably from when she was little!  I just love it!


This is another that was around my house as kid.  Its Mrs. Claus.  Again not sure if my mom or my great grandma made it, we were all very close.  There's a Santa to match, but I'll save that one for next monday maybe....


Have a wonderful Monday everyone!

Blessings,

Heather

9 comments:

Joan@anthinggoeshere said...

What a nice collection of Vintage Christmas decorations and memories you have. I love the ornaments that were on your grandmother's tree~ very unusual!

Welcome to the Vintage Christmas Monday party each Monday now until Christmas. I am happy that you decided to join us! xo Joan, your hostess

Julie Marie said...

Hello Heather... what wonderful treasures you have... I especially love the old ones that were on your grandma's tree... Bisous... Julie Marie

Unknown said...

It's always so wonderful to pull out Christmas decorations and remember who it's from or where you got it. Your have a lovely collections of memories! Warm hugs, Esther

Judi said...

Heather it is so nice to have little pieces of our past tucked away and brought out each year to revive our memories. Thanks for sharing! Judi

Simple Home said...

I'm so glad you joined Heather. Thanks for the link too. I love all of your ornaments. The ones from your great-grandmother are very special, especially when you think of all the family history that goes with them. Thanks for sharing them all.
Blessings,
Marcia

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Heather, it's so wonderful that you have these vintage ornaments and their memories. Love them!
Debra

LBP said...

Cool collection! I love the needlework Santa!

Thanks for sharing.

Linda

★Carol★ said...

You have a wonderful collection of ornaments, especially those that were your Grandma's! I have alot of ornaments that were my grandparents' and they are so precious to me!
Happy VCM!
Carol

My Grama's Soul said...

Love your ornaments. I have a crochet one from my sweet Mother In Law that I have stored away somewhere. Hopefully I will be able to find it so I can share it as well.

Blessings,

Jo

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers