A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Waiting on the Lord


Hey everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week. The boys and I had SMILES today (mommie's bible study) and it was really good. I missed last week because Jeremiah wasn't feeling good, so it was good to be back this week fellowshipping and worshipping with my sisters. I feel so lucky to have the opportunities that I have. I'm trying not to take for granted how blessed I am. I think it's easy to do by focusing on the all the things that I could stress about, but my prayer is that I would really give all that to the Lord, wait on Him and truly thank Him for how much I do have. My husband, who works so hard to support us and loves, cares and protects us unconditionally, my kids who are all happy, healthy and love the Lord, my family, friends, church, health, a roof over my head, food on the table, cloths on my back, transportation, tv, computer, freedom to worship, read my bible and teach my kids about the Lord. The endless blessings I have convicts my heart that I'm not walking around with a smile on my face all the time thanking God just for the opportunity of a new day.

Anyway, were having small group at our house tonight. So hopefully the kids will be good and I might possibly get to be a part of the small group tonight. Chris is in a small group and I am in SMILES because with 5 kids it's hard to imagine taking them all to someones house. But I'm sure God will open that door for us in time. I hoping that we can lead a small group at house eventually like we used to, but we'll see what God has in store.
I really liked the motivations for Mom's today about keeping a list of prayer requests and praying as a family. I have to admit I haven't been journaling like I should and I need too. I think it would be a great lesson for the kids to see prayer requests written down and be able to mark them as a praise when God answers them. I'm going to keep that in mind for part of our bedtime routine. I've also been wanting to have a prayer request area on my page somewhere. I think as Mom's, wives, women in general we all have our struggles and really need to be taking advantage of the power we have in praying for each other. And any of you reading please feel free to tell me your prayer requests, I will pray for you. Anyways, I better get ready for tonight. Blessings to all of you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you always help me put things back into perspective. Just have faith all will be well. I think the written prayer request is an awesome idea. I would love to start that with Cory - it might help with us praying together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers