A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Hey everyone!  I know this is supposed to be a wordless wednesday but I haven't posted in a couple days and I wanted to make sure I posted a full update. 

Katie is home, she went home on Monday night with mommy and daddy.  She's doing great.  As I posted before she passed her hearing test and the MRI and surgery to repair her broviac went great.  The adjustment to home, although a miracle and huge blessings, is still an adjustment.  I know Annie took Katie to have her 2 month shots yesterday and she had her first dose of antibiotics at home as well yesterday.  As of last night Annie had given her a dose of antibiotics herself, which will make things easier since she won't have to depend on a nurse coming twice a day.  But she did say Katie has been very clingy and not sleeping well.  I do believe as great and wonderful as it is to be home its still going to take some time to adjust and poor Katie is probably so scared of ever having to do that again that she's going to want to be in mommy or daddy's arms for awhile. 

So anyway, all is well on that front as of now.  So now my prayer is of course is for the continued health of Katie and no remissions, but for Annie and Richie to really continue to draw upon the Lord and seek Him and give Him the credit for the healing of their daughter.  It seems harsh that God might have allowed that to happen so they would have nothing else but to look to Him, but God knows better than we do what we or others need or have taken away to fully depend and have faith in Him.  I know for myself, I've never been closer to the Lord than when I'm in a "valley" of some kind.  And for those "valleys" I end up thanking and praising Him even more.  Thank you all again for your prayers, support and thoughts. My family and I are more thankful than you know!
On the homefront,  everything here is going fine.  Working and living.  Nothing exciting. Yet.  I have a doctors appointment tomorrow that should tell me if anything more is happening.  Last week my midwife told me I was 2 cm and about 50% effaced so tomorrow should be telling.  It's just a waiting game and a very anxious one.  I keep asking myself "is today the day?".  And I know my day is coming soon but its constantly in the back of mind, if not the front!

Anyway,  I wish you all a great wednesday! 

Love and Blessings,

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers