A peek into our family, hopefully a picture of God's grace, as we try to live everyday for His glory. Please leave a comment so I know you've visited, I pray you and your is blessed as much as me and mine have been! Thank you for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I asked for excitement!!!

Well it's almost humorous after looking at yesterday's blog, that I had such a quiet day and even said that maybe today I would have something exciting to blog about. Well I got my wish! Nathan came up to me this morning and showed me stomach which had some red spot on it and a couple on his face. I thought, "oh no". Only because I knew the neighbor had chicken pox a couple weeks ago. So I had Chris look at it and he said he thought they probably were and that I should take Nathan to the doctor, and then the excitement started. I called and got him squeezed in as a first time patient which included us waiting in the car for 2 hours to be called in, because they dont want kids with possible chicken pox infecting the waiting room. We finally get in to see the doc and he said it looked like the beginning stages of chicken pox but being that he's been immunized it would most likely be a mild case. So we leave with perscriptions in hand and a note for the school. He'll be out most likely for a week, but with the dr's note it wont count against him and they're putting him on independant studies also so he'll get credit for his work. The dr perscribed calamine lotion and a type of benedryl (which was nice because ins. covered all of it). Yay! He gave a pint of the the benedryl with 3 refills, so we'll have that stuff for the others if they get it. Now, I"m pregnant.....so that turns into another slew of phone calls to my midwife to find out if this is serious to me or the baby. Luckily I had chicken pox as a child, so the chances of me getting it are slim to none, and even if I did, the chances of the the baby having any effect from it are less than 2%, so I"m not too worried about it. I'm just going to continue taking my vitamins and putting my faith in "the great Physician" who knows what I need right now! Anyways, any prayers for comfort and speedy recovery for Nathan is greatly appreciated. You can also throw in that God would boost the rest of my kids immunity and spare the carnage of 5 kids with chicken pox on a pregnant lady! :-) I've got to have a sense of humor about this or I'll just lose it! So excitment is what I got! I hope your all have a "less exciting" day and I'll definately be updating you all! Thanks for the prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh poor Nathan. Tell him that grammie and papa will pray that he heals quickly okay? We also pray that the rest of the family will be spared. Take care sweetheart! We love you very much!! God bless...Dad and Mom <><

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersNotes:
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers